Monday, January 24, 2011

Paul Serusier. The Talisman


Paul Serusier used a variety of colors in the painting. This is a painting of a landscape. The problem I have with the painting is that if I didn't read the description that says landscape than I would have no idea that the painting was a painting of landscape. To me it just seems that a bunch of colors where thrown onto the canvas. But, at the same time the painting catches my eye and intrigues me. That is probably because I am intrigued to see if I can make out the different elements in the painting. The colors blend together well and some of the colors even stand out to make your eye go to that particular area. I am conflicted about this painting I like it but at the same time I don't. This is a oil on cigar box cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment