Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Blue Poles



This painting, Blue Poles, was done by the abstract impressionist painter Jakson Pollock. it was completed in 1952 using enamel and aluminum paint with glass on canvas. I looked at a few of Pollock's other paintings and they all appear to be done in the same paint-splattering manner with different colors. I really liked the way the colors of this painting all came together, however I dont really see how it relates to the title. There is blue in the painting but the most prominant colors to my eye were black, white, yellow, and orange. Not alot of blue and literally no poles. unless the black lines are really supposed to be blue becasue then I can kind of see poles. The estimated price on this painting is $100,000,000-150,000,000. I did like this painting but I think I'll try to recreate it myself before spending that much money.

No comments:

Post a Comment