Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Nick Knight


This modern art photograph done by Nick Knight. The first thing I thought when i saw this was--creepy. Knight took this photograph of a model and edited in the pin on the forehead the huge head gash, and the glass eye. I guess it is fitting though considering everything models will do in order to be featured in fashion shows. Many of these women don't even look like women but instead starved freakishly tall boys. I think what Knight was trying to portray was that these women try to be the biggest names in modeling but they only see themselves as monsters. This girl defiantly resembled Frankenstein to me. I looked into his work a little more and found that while he does photographs like this he also shoots some of the biggest names in the fashion world like MAC, Hermes, and Vogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment