Tuesday, February 8, 2011

On Glass

I know this isn't exactly modern art, but I absolutely love this piece. This is called Gabby No.1, by Anna Jacob; it is literally a girl laying nude on a pane of glass and the photographer underneath taking the picture. Though Anna is not one of the more famous artists we will be discussing this semester, I felt there was no reason why her work shouldn't be appreciated. It is beautiful and moving. I love the colors in the background, the way the object is highlighted in the piece, looking like she is under water, and the fact that you cannot even tell that she is laying on a pane of glass. When I first came in contact with this photograph, it was given to me as a postcard for a gallery opening of this artists work by our professor. Unfortunately I was unable to attend the exhibit but was so overwhelmed by the piece itself i hung it up in my room last year. I don't know what it is about the piece but I think it is quite unique and amazing. I hope you all enjoy it as well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment