Tuesday, February 1, 2011

"One: Number 31, 1950"


I love this painting by Jackson Pollock. When we looked at this in class it made me want to splatter paint. Though some might not think this is art, I find this such an eye opener. The colors are so well blended but in such an impossible way. I feel I can really connect with a painting like this because it feels like the inside of my head sometimes; just pure chaos. I have splatter painted before and when I do it always comes out like nothing I had pictured but it still looks amazing. Not only is it an easy art "technique" but it is fun and help to get any stress or aggression out as you throw paint against a blank canvas. This is located at the MoMA, in New York City and I urge you to go look at this piece as well as many others there.

No comments:

Post a Comment